In the SharePoint 2010 Development Training course, you’ll learn how to extend the out-of-box functionality and customize SharePoint applications to fit your business needs and brand. You’ll learn how to develop and build applications that maximize the value of SharePoint. Plus, this course covers everything you need to know to pass Microsoft’s 70-573 exam and get the MCTS certification.
As SharePoint continues to pick up steam (and believe me, it still is), the demand for skilled SharePoint Developers increases. The goal with this course is to show you how to develop for SharePoint the right way. There are 10 different ways to do some things, but which option is the best?
In my SharePoint 2010 Development Training course, I’ll walk you through the most important topics and concepts that you need to know as a beginning SharePoint 2010 developer. A lot of SharePoint training that you find out there talks about what kinds of things SharePoint can do: “SharePoint can route documents,” “SharePoint uses web parts,” “SharePoint is the greatest thing since sliced bread.”
My course not only talks about what SharePoint can do, it always explains the why. For example, why would you create an application page when you can create a web part? They can potentially do the same thing, but when is one option the better approach?
- Lesson 1 – Getting Started with SharePoint 2010 Development Training
- Lesson 2 – Lab Setup
- Lesson 3 – The Course Scenario
- Lesson 4 – The Core SharePoint Objects
- Lesson 5 – Visual Studio 2010
- Lesson 6 – SPSite and SPWeb Objects and Disposal
- Lesson 7 – SPList and SPField Objects
- Lesson 8 – SPListItem Objects
- Lesson 9 – Content Types
- Lesson 10 – Web Parts
- Lesson 11 – Permissions
- Lesson 12 – Event Receivers
- Lesson 13 – Creating a Custom Ribbon Control
- Lesson 14 – Timer Jobs
- Lesson 15 – Creating a Custom Dialog
- Lesson 16 – Navigation
- Lesson 17 – User Profiles
- Lesson 18 – Branding
- Lesson 19 – Delegate Controls
- Lesson 20 – Workflows
- Lesson 21 – Working with Business Connectivity Services
- Lesson 22 – RESTFUL Services
- Lesson 23 – Client Object Model
- Lesson 24 – Working with Documents
- Lesson 25 – Metadata
- Lesson 26 – Creating a Search Interface
- Lesson 27 – Storing Configuration Data
- Lesson 28 – Creating a Site Definition
- Lesson 29 – Sandboxed Solutions
- Lesson 30 – Preparing for the TS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development (70-573) Exam
- Lesson 31 – Next Steps
The topics covered in this course map very closely to the exam objectives from Microsoft’s 70-573 exam. The goal is not just to make you a decent SharePoint Developer, but to also help you get certified.
Over 17 Hours (17 Hours, 21 Minutes, 0 Seconds) of SharePoint 2010 Development Training Videos Jam Packed on 3 DVDs!