After the certificate regeneration the vCSA has to reboot, but then i waited for ten minutes but still no vCenter. So i watched at the console and found my server hanging after “Waiting for the embedded database to start up: [OK] “
The screen looks like this:
When the appliance starts, the GRUB boot loader shows briefly.
- When it appears, hit the up or down arrow to stop the boot countdown timer.
- Following the instructions at the bottom of the screen, hit “p” to enter the unlock password (which is the root password).
This will allow you to change the boot-time string.
- Highlight “VMWare vCenter Server Appliance” and press “e” to edit the boot settings.
- Highlight the “Kernel…” line and press “e” to edit the boot string.
- Append a “1” to the end so that it looks like this: …showopts 1
- Press enter, and then “b” to boot.
This will cause the appliance to boot in init level 1 (or single-user maintenance mode). From here, the root password will get you into the console where you can delete the file /etc/vmware-vpx/ssl/allow_regeneration
After that reboot the server with shutdown -r now.