The default download of vSphere hasn’t got vendor specific management drivers included and without these drivers you won’t be able to check the health of your Array-Controller or discs. What if a problem occurs?
Well you can install the HP management drivers by installing the offline bundle.
In my case i’m using a HP DL380G7 server.
- Download the following file: HP ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware ESXi 5.0
- Upload the zipfile to your vSphere datastore01 (don’t extract)
- Connect to your vSphere server with SSH and typ the following command:
- Copy / Paste the path to notepad
- edit the following commandline with your <ip>, <username> , <pwd>, <datastore path>
esxcli -s <ip> -u <username> -p <pwd> software vib install -d <datastore>/hp-esxi5.0uX-bundle-1.1-37.zip
- Start the VMware vSphere CLI and execute the above created commandline
- After a little while the output will give you something like this:
- Reboot your vSphere server
- After the reboot log on to your server and go to the Configuration tab
- Check your server health
Your Storage should appear and look something like the above.